Monday, August 10, 2009

Jennifer Love Hewitt's proud figure

December 3 2007
Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt has slammed cruel comments about her fuller figure, saying she "loves her body".

The 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' actress - who was ridiculed for her curvy shape after unflattering photos of her in a bikini were released last week - insists she is happy being a US size two and attacked the Hollywood obsession with an unhealthy size zero.

Jennifer - who appeared much slimmer in a recent ad campaign for US clothing chain Hanes - fumed: "Size two is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size zero doesn't make you beautiful.

"I know what I look like and so do my friends and family. And like all women out there should, I love my body."

The 28-year-old star - who was enjoying a romantic break in Hawaii with her new fiancé actor Ross McCall when the pictures were taken - also encouraged women to embrace their shape and be proud of their curves.

She added on her MySpace page: "I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinised. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image.

"To all the girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini - put it on and stay strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment